We currently have the capacity to publicise a limited number of events or initiatives for financial supporters and other friendly institutions. We list these on our Current Events page, and we will refer to them in our mass emails which go out to some 2,500 people.
Our current policy is
- we aim to publicise up to one event per quarter for financial supporters.
- in addition, we are willing to publicise up to two more events per month from non-supporters. Our choice will be determined by how interesting we think the event will be for our Network, and the returns we think we will get for our effort. We would normally negotiate a fee for this service, but sometimes settle for payment in kind, such as a free place to a paying conference.
- In the course of our regular emails to our 2500+ list, we will refer to these events, but we will not do an email dedicated solely to them.
How to present publicity material to us
If you are asking us to publicise an event for you, can you please present the information to us in the following order? We have a house style for how we publicise events. Don't worry about formatting. The order matters to us, because we have a lay-out for such publicity which works for our activists.
- Title of the event
- Town/City + country where event will be held
- Who is/are the lead organising institution(s)?
- Ditto sponsors? (In our basic publicity, we are not geared up to handle logos etc)
- Who are the key Chairs and Speakers?
- if a simple event, give us the chair(s), followed by speakers, with the title of their talks
- if a complex event, feel free to give us a full programme, but stripped of fancy formatting
- Detailed address of the location for this event
- Nearest train or tube station (or airport) which will help participants
- Precise timing: for registration, start of proceedings, ending, and post-event register
- use your judgement if this is a multi-day event
- Pricing: be as clear as possible about pricing variants; early bird prices etc. Be clear about VAT.
- How to register their interest (we would prefer them to be able to send basic details to you - name, position, institution, phone and email address to a specific email address - for you to follow up directly with them)
- Contact details of someone they can contact if they need more information
- 200 word summary of the event, which we can use in multi-event mass emails
- (if you want) a longer background description of the event for use on our website or in dedicated emails
- cvs or other background of speaker
- key words for attracting online searchers to the web page devoted to this event
By all means send us accompanying publicity material (pdfs etc) so we can check material. However, because we work hard to avoid being categorised as spammers, we never send attachments to our email lists - hence our insistence on publicising events in our house style.
Other people's seminars/conferences